After reading the article “Our Nation Eating
Disordered” which was written by Michael Pollan, I know in the United States
nowadays, people’s eating habit changed very quickly and immediately. Some people
chose to eat healthier food, some people don’t have time to eat in regular
time, and some people chose to eat food full of nutrition. One point mentioned
in article is that more and more immigrant moved to the United States, they
prefer to have their local food instead of American food, and that makes
different people have their own eating style. We can find Chinese food here, we
can find Mid-east food here, we can find Japanese food here, and also we can
find Mexican food right here. People are going to eat “disorder” foods; one
reason is the huge immigrants.
Americans do not strong eating habit. They prefer
food which is delicious. Now Mexican food and Chinese food is popular in the
United States, but before, European food, such as Italian food is popular in
the United States. Some foods have already disappeared here and people are not
able to find these food. For me, I think I have a faddism eating habit. I love
eating American food before, such as hamburgers, sandwiches. They are my
favorite food. But things changed, now I like eating Mexican food and Chinese
food right now, although I’m Chinese, Chinese food is different between here
and China. However, eating diversely can be a huge problem because people are
going to lose their eating habit. Food is also a type of culture for human beings,
why don’t we keep our own eating style and don’t change it at all.
You make a good point about how we each go through personal food fads, too. I know some foods have been part of my personal diet only to be dropped and replaced by something else months or years later.
ReplyDelete