Monday, April 9, 2012

THE REFLECTION AFTER READING TWO ARTICLES



After reading Ahn’s Home Run and Nicholson’s Eating White, I know that food in these two articles do not just have one meaning. Food also has another meaning which is food can reflect your personal culture. In Ahn’s Home Run, the author’s parents are all grow up in South Korea, also the author’s mother love cooking Korean food although the whole family has been moved to the United States for a long time. That is also a culture that cooking style can reflect your food culture. Although, the author is living in the United States, he is still love eating Korean food for the influence by his mother or family. In Nicholson’s Eating White, the author says that her mother loving eating white food, such as milk, cream soup, cream sauce, and ice cream. For one reason that the author’s mother love eating white food is she had been through World War II that such milk, cream, these kinds of food are very lack at that time in England. Although, now, the whole family of Nicholson has been moved to America, California, and author’s mother still love eating white food, such as chicken, rice, and paste. Author’s mother can’t forget white food at all. In addition, I do think these two pieces remind me of my own connection to food. I’m an international student from China, Beijing. The food culture in Beijing and Denver are totally different. We like rice instead of eating bread. We love eating noodle with soup, here, people don’t. Food culture in here and Beijing are in opposite, but I do think I have adjusted the difference very well, and now, I love eating American food, such like Taco, which is hard to find in China.    

No comments:

Post a Comment